MSE Graduates Win 2011 MRS Poster Awards
January 20th, 2012
Abhishek Singh, a graduate student from Prof. Yingling's research group, has won the 2011 MRS Fall Meeting Poster Award for his poster titled, "The assembly of gold nanoparticles on DNA: effect of ligands charge and polarity". The poster was co-authored by Nan Li and was sponsored by NSF Triangle MRSEC (www.mrsec.duke.edu).
Pictured with Abhishek Singh (center) in the photograph are 2011 MRS Fall Meeting Chairs Kathryn Wahl, Paul Braun, Masashi Kawasaki and Cammy Abernathy.
Carissa L. Goldstein presented a poster with co-authors E. J. Mily, J-P. Maria, D. W. Brenner and D. L. Irving titled First Principles Studies of Oxygen Transfer at Buried Metal/Metal Oxide Interfaces: Implications for the Performance of Energetic Nanolaminates that was honored as a best poster within symposium Y: Advances in Energetic Materials Research at the Fall 2011 MRS meeting. This research project is supported by ARO grant W911NF-10-1-0069.
Other Recent News
- Narayan to serve on NAI Fellows Advisory Committee 10.9.2017
- Nurturing the nanotech maker in us all 9.19.2017
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017
- High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 7.24.2017
- IRES Students Gain Research experience in Denmark 7.21.2017
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017
- Eman Alhajji accepted into NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program 5.2.2017
- MSE Undergrad and Grad Named Recipients of NSF’s Graduate Research Fellowship 4.28.2017
- Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni 4.27.2017