08/2016- Professor and University Faculty Scholar, Materials Science and Engineering Department, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC; Adjunct Professor, The Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering, North Carolina State University and University of North at Carolina Chapel Hill, NC
02/2019- Director of Undergraduate Program, Materials Science and Engineering Department, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
08/2013-08/2016 Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering Department, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
07/2007- 08/2013 Assistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering Department, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
03/2004-07/2007 Cancer Research Training Award Postdoctoral Fellow, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD;
Adviser: Dr. Bruce A. Shapiro
10/2002-05/2004 Postdoctoral Fellow, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA;
Adviser: Prof. Barbara J. Garrison
01/1997-10/2002 Graduate Research Assistant, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA; Adviser: Prof. Barbara J. Garrison
01/1994-06/1996 Research Assistant, Dept. of Automation and Computer Science, Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St.-Petersburg, Russia; Adviser: Prof. Leonid N. Babko
06/1995-08/1995 Summer Research Intern, Dept. of Physics, A. F. Mozhaisky Military Space Engineering Academy, Russia
Synergistic activities and professional Service (off campus)
• Editor, Journal of Materials Science, Springer (ISSN:0022-2461), 2019-present
• Committee member, The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine – Molecular Dynamics, appointed 2018
• Lawrence Berkley National Lab Molecular Foundry’s Proposal Review Board (PRB), 2019-present
• Founding Editor-in-chief, American Institute of Mathematical Sciences Materials Science: AIMS Materials Science (ISSN:2372-0484), 2013-present
• Associate Editor; DNA and RNA Nanotechnology journal (ISSN: 2353-1770), 2014-present
• Editorial Advisory Board, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces (ISSN 1944-8244), 2019-present
• Editorial Advisory Board, ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering (ISSN 2373-9878), 2016-present
• Editorial Board Member, Materials 360, 2013-present
• International Advisory Panel Member, IOP Materials Research Express, 2013-2016
• Educational Committee and Steering Committee Member, NSF Triangle Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (Duke-NCSU-UNC) 2009-2018;
• Executive Committee Member, NSF PREM Center (Texas State University) 2009-2018;
• Member of American Chemical Society (2001-), Biophysical Society (2006-), Materials Research Society (2008-), Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society (2006-2010).
• Developed new courses at NCSU: “NanoBioTechnology”, distance education “Nanoscale Simulations and Modeling”, and K-12 “Virtual nanoparticles” workshop
• Faculty Advisor, NCState University MRS Student Chapter, 2007-2013
• Reviewer and panelist for research proposals at NSF, NASA, ARO, DOE, DTRA; Polish National Science Centre (Narodowe Centrum Nauki – NCN)
• Reviewer for Advanced Healthcare Materials, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Applied Physics Letters, Applied Surface Science, Applied Physics, Proteins, Journal of Biomedical Optics, Journal of Physical Chemistry, most of the ACS Journals, Computational Biology and Chemistry, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Soft Matter, Langmuir, Wiley books and others
• Proceedings Editor and Invited Session Organizer and for “Innovation through Simulations and Modeling in Materials Science” IMETI2009 in Orlando, Florida, July 10-13, 2009.
• Co-Organizer of ACS symposium ”Theory and Modeling of the Individual and Collective Properties of Nanoparticles”, 241st ACS National Meeting, Anaheim, CA, March 30-31, 2011
• Co-Organizer of ACS symposium “Structural Properties and Surface Interactions of Cellulosic Materials”, 243rd ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 25-29, 2012
• Planning committee member, Poster Session Organizer and Symposium Organizer “Chemistry of Nano-Bio Interfaces” for SERMAC 2012, Raleigh, NC, 14-17 November 2012
• Planning Committee member and Co-organizer of Triangle Soft Matter workshop, Raleigh, NC, May 14th, 2012 and 2014; Chair of the invited session of Triangle Soft Matter workshop, Durham, NC, May 13th, 2013; Organizer of Triangle Soft Matter workshop, Raleigh, NC, May11th, 2015.
• Co-Organizer of MRS Symposium A “Modeling and Theory-Driven Design of Soft Materials”, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, December 1-6, 2013
• Co-Organizer of ACS Fall Symposium “Theory and Modeling of Nanoparticle Interactions with Biomolecules and Polymers”, ACS Meeting, Boston, MA August 2015.
• Co-Organizer of MRS Symposium “Modeling and Theory-Driven Design of Soft Materials”, MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, November 2015.
• Organizer of APS Symposium “Advancing Polymer and Biopolymer Physics through Simulations and Theory”, APS Spring Meeting, March 2019