PROGRAM DATES (10 weeks): May 19 – July 28, 2024 (includes housing move-in and move-out)
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2024
Late applications will only be considered in the event that openings are not filled.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now
Candidates for the summer research experience must:
- be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or U.S. nationals
- be STEM majors in all engineering disciplines, materials science, applied science, chemistry, or physics
- have completed their sophomore or junior year by May 2024
- be able to work at least 40 hours per week for the entire 10-week term
Students from URM groups and students who have limited opportunities to pursue research at their home institution are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please Note: The purpose of NSF-funded REU programs is to go to a university outside of your home institution. Therefore, NC State students will be considered only if open spots are remaining after the first round of applications are reviewed.
Complete application packages will consist of:
An online application form to collect:
- Student information
- Unofficial university transcript(s)
- A written statement of research and educational interests
- Recommender’s contact information
- Potential participants will also be asked to rank the top three research projects in order of preference.
A Letter of Recommendation
Please provide one letter of recommendation from a current or former instructor, research mentor, or advisor. The recommendation should indicate in what capacity the recommender knows you, as well as a description of your strengths and limitations for summer research. The recommendation can be sent by the recommender directly to email@example.com. Be sure that the recommender clearly identifies the applicant in their letter. Indicate the name of the recommender on the application form.
Note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to inform their recommender to submit their letter of recommendation.
Program Details Projects