PROGRAM DATES (10 weeks): May 29 – August 5, 2022
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 2022
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the selected research activities are designed to introduce undergraduates to the application and development of data science techniques for materials engineering problems. The REU students will spend the first week taking a hands-on course in data science and materials informatics and the rest of their time conducting faculty-mentored research.
For each research project, faculty advisors will provide direction of the project, supervise the progress of the project, review and engage with participants during specific professional development sessions. Graduate student mentors will work closely with each participant, providing guidance in the execution of specific tasks related to the research. Through interactions with graduate mentors, participants will gain exposure to the environment and expectations of graduate research, as they will engage with lab-group activities including research group meetings and joint meetings with their faculty advisor and graduate mentor. To further foster relationships among the REU participants, graduate mentors, and faculty advisors, team-building activities will be integrated into the REU experience.
- Dates (10-weeks): May 29 – August 5, 2022
- Stipend: $5,500
- Housing: Included
- Travel Allowance will be provided.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Rising juniors and seniors with STEM majors in all engineering disciplines, materials science, applied science, chemistry, and physics.
- Students from URM groups and students who have limited opportunities to pursue research at their home institution are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions.