- Engineering Building I (EB1) 3016
J. Kasichainula joined the NCSU faculty in 1985 after three years as an associate metallurgist with Ames Laboratory.
Kasichainula’s group is developing advanced coatings of novel materials for technological applications. The coatings are used for corrosion and wear resistance, diffusion barriers, heat spreaders, and metallization schemes. The diamond coatings are developed for machine tools, seal rings and electronic heat spreaders with strong industrial collaboration. Modern semiconductor and superconductor films are developed for electronic applications. They then characterize the thin film coatings and determine their physical properties. Microstructural characterization and correlation with the observed physical properties is the key to develop high quality thin films in our research. Modeling of the microstructural features is performed to understand the physical properties of composite thin films.
Dr. Kasichainula’s research interests include thin film deposition of ceramics, diamond, composites, semiconductors and superconductors; analytical characterization of microstructural features, interfaces and grain boundaries; dislocation theory, deformation and fracture of materials; modeling of physical behavior of materials.
- Low resistance metal contacts on MoS
2films deposited by laser physical vapor deposition
- Jagannadham, K. (2019), Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 30(10), 10024–10029. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-019-01345-6
- Initial stages of delamination of the aluminum film from silicon wafer
- Jagannadham, K. (2018), Applied Physics A, 124(8). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-018-1984-8
- Nature of electrical conduction in MoS2 films deposited by laser physical vapor deposition
- Jagannadham, K., Das, K., Reynolds, C. L., & El-Masry, N. (2018), Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 29(16), 14180–14191. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-018-9551-9
- Thermal Conductivity Changes Due to Degradation of Cathode Film Subjected to Charge–Discharge Cycles in a Li Ion Battery
- Jagannadham, K. (2018), Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 49(8), 3738–3752. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-018-4665-5
- Substrate Effects on Growth of MoS
2Film by Laser Physical Vapor Deposition on Sapphire, Si and Graphene (on Cu)
- Jagannadham, K., Cui, J., & Zhu, Y. (2017), Journal of Electronic Materials, 46(2), 1010–1021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-016-5060-x
- The Influence of a TiN Film on the Electronic Contribution to the Thermal Conductivity of a TiC Film in a TiN-TiC Layer System
- Jagannadham, K. (2017), Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 49(1), 346–355. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-017-4401-6
- Adhesion, Modulus and Thermal Conductivity of Porous Epoxy Film on Silicon Wafers
- Jagannadham, K. (2016), Journal of Electronic Materials, 45(11), 5877–5884. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11664-016-4793-x
- Effect of intermetallic compounds on the thermal conductivity of Ti-Cu composites
- Jagannadham, K. (2016), Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces and Films, 34(2). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.4939142
- Electrical and thermal conductivity of indium-graphene and copper-graphene composites
- Jagannadham, K. (2016), In Graphene Science Handbook: Electrical and Optical Properties (pp. 639–653).
- Thermal Conductivity Changes in Titanium-Graphene Composite upon Annealing
- Jagannadham, K. (2016), Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 47(2), 907–915. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-015-3259-8