Zhu Chosen as Somiya Award Winner for 2015
July 9th, 2015
The Somiya Award, given annually by the International Union of Materials Research Societies, acknowledges a team of researchers who collaborate across continents and whose research has had a significant impact in the world today. Named after Dr. Shigeyuki Somiya, Emeritus Professor of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, the Somiya Award is quite an honor.
For 2015, the award has been presented to Professor Ruslan Z. Valiev of Ufa State Aviation Technical University (Ufa, Russia) and MSE@NCSU's own Professor Yuntian Zhu. Their research is titled, "Resolving the Paradox of Superior Strength and Ductility of Ultrafine-Grained Metals Through Nanostructuing Design". Later in the year, there will be an award ceremony that honors both award recipients.
Other Recent News
- Microscopy Advance Reveals Unexpected Role for Water in Energy Storage Material 5.25.2018
- Update on High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 5.17.2018
- MRS University Chapter Awarded Special Projects Grant from MRS Foundation 5.7.2018
- Tackling Perceived Bias in Engineering Education 3.5.2018
- Atomic Structure of Ultrasound Material Not What Anyone Expected 2.20.2018
- Researchers Find Simpler Way to Deposit Magnetic Iron Oxide onto Gold Nanorods 12.12.2017
- Researchers Inadvertently Boost Surface Area of Nickel Nanoparticles for Catalysis 11.28.2017
- Narayan to serve on NAI Fellows Advisory Committee 10.9.2017
- Nurturing the nanotech maker in us all 9.19.2017
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017