Zhu Among World's Most Cited Materials Scientists
June 23rd, 2014
Recently, Thomas Reuters released it's list of "The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds: 2014". Released less than once a decade, the list showcases the top scientific minds of the time.
Thomson Reuters uses Web of Science and InCites to analyze references from scientific papers all over the world and determine which researchers are producing the most acknowledged works, with respect to their peers in the field. As a result of this analysis, MSE@NCSU's very own Dr. Yuntian Zhu was identified as a 2014 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher!
Professor Zhu has previously been elected Fellow of the ASM International and of the American Physics Society. He is the Editor-in-Chief of a high-impact journal, Materials Research Letters. His research includes nanometals and alloys, carbon nanotubes synthesis and applications as well as nanomaterials for high-strength, lightweight and energy applications.
Congratulations, Dr. Zhu!
Other Recent News
- Atomic Structure of Ultrasound Material Not What Anyone Expected 2.20.2018
- Researchers Find Simpler Way to Deposit Magnetic Iron Oxide onto Gold Nanorods 12.12.2017
- Researchers Inadvertently Boost Surface Area of Nickel Nanoparticles for Catalysis 11.28.2017
- Narayan to serve on NAI Fellows Advisory Committee 10.9.2017
- Nurturing the nanotech maker in us all 9.19.2017
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017
- High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 7.24.2017
- IRES Students Gain Research experience in Denmark 7.21.2017
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017