Verve on Film: Thinking True
February 13th, 2017
Thinking True is a series of short documentaries that explores the lives and work of scientists. Each episode focuses on one scientist and takes a look into their lives and work, revealing the driving force behind their own search for facts and truths.
Thinking True: Episode 1 - Dr. Alex Franke
Dr. Alexander Franke, NC State postdoctoral scholar alum, worked in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. In his time at NC State, Dr. Franke was actively involved in the Postdoctoral Association (PDA), particularly in creating new opportunities to welcome international postdocs.
Other Recent News
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017
- Eman Alhajji accepted into NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program 5.2.2017
- MSE Undergrad and Grad Named Recipients of NSF’s Graduate Research Fellowship 4.28.2017
- Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni 4.27.2017
- Thin Layers of Water Hold Promise for the Energy Storage of the Future 4.27.2017
- From Atoms to Batteries to the Workforce of the Future: Why Research Matters 4.25.2017
- Finding Order and Structure in the Atomic Chaos Where Materials Meet 4.20.2017
- MSE's Hanan "Alex" Hsain is NC State's 9th recipient of the prestigious Truman Scholarship! 4.13.2017
- Researchers Make the First Flexible Memory Device Using Oxide Ferroelectric Material 4.12.2017