Verve on Film: Thinking True
February 13th, 2017
Thinking True is a series of short documentaries that explores the lives and work of scientists. Each episode focuses on one scientist and takes a look into their lives and work, revealing the driving force behind their own search for facts and truths.
Thinking True: Episode 1 - Dr. Alex Franke
Dr. Alexander Franke, NC State postdoctoral scholar alum, worked in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. In his time at NC State, Dr. Franke was actively involved in the Postdoctoral Association (PDA), particularly in creating new opportunities to welcome international postdocs.
Other Recent News
- Zhu Honored as Fellow of TMS 3.4.2017
- MSE@NCSU joins the world in mourning the loss of Professor Millie Dresselhaus 2.22.2017
- Verve on Film: Thinking True 2.13.2017
- Fellowship Helps Former Student-Athlete Further His Education 2.11.2017
- Professor Narayan Among 2 Faculty Elected to NAE 2.9.2017
- Fresh Material 1.27.2017
- Augustyn receives NSF CAREER Award 12.12.2016
- MSE Honors 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees 12.9.2016
- New Findings Boost Promise of Molybdenum Sulfide for Hydrogen Catalysis 12.1.2016
- MSE Graduate Student Wins Best Poster Presentation at the MRS/AVS/ASM Fall 2016 Joint Symposium 11.9.2016