Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni
April 27th, 2017
NC State scored well on another study tracking alumni success in the job market. According to an analysis by HiringSolved, an online recruiting company, technology firms in Californias Silicon Valley have hired a relatively high number of recent NC State graduates.
The study of 10,000 tech workers hired by the biggest Silicon Valley employers in 2016 and the first two months of 2017 identified 25 universities supplying the most undergraduate and graduate alumni to the workforce. NC State ranks 13th on the list, ahead of peers Purdue, Texas A&M, Penn State and the University of California, Davis.
NC State is the only North Carolina university on the list.
Other Recent News
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017
- Eman Alhajji accepted into NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program 5.2.2017
- MSE Undergrad and Grad Named Recipients of NSF’s Graduate Research Fellowship 4.28.2017
- Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni 4.27.2017
- Thin Layers of Water Hold Promise for the Energy Storage of the Future 4.27.2017
- From Atoms to Batteries to the Workforce of the Future: Why Research Matters 4.25.2017
- Finding Order and Structure in the Atomic Chaos Where Materials Meet 4.20.2017
- MSE's Hanan "Alex" Hsain is NC State's 9th recipient of the prestigious Truman Scholarship! 4.13.2017
- Researchers Make the First Flexible Memory Device Using Oxide Ferroelectric Material 4.12.2017