MSE Launches Alumni Hall of Fame
December 23rd, 2015
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering is proud to honor the accomplishments of our outstanding graduates through the newly formed MSE Alumni Hall of Fame.
This extraordinary recognition celebrates MSE alumni that have used their education to excel in a profession, career, and/or service. Our alumni are at the core of the Department, representing the agents and ambassadors that have made groundbreaking contributions in the translating and practice of materials science and engineering and beyond. With more than 1,800 MSE alumni, only 16 graduates were inducted in the inaugural class, making this a truly noteworthy distinction. Additionally, we hope this meaningful accolade will inspire current and future students.
We offer a special thank you to the MSE Alumni Hall of Fame Committee. Their diligent efforts in the review and selection process are indeed appreciated. The Department is the fortunate recipient of their commitment to alumni engagement. Our sincerest gratitude is bestowed to the following members for their time, dedication and invaluable service: Mrs. Karen F. Bisi (B.S. MSE '90), Dr. Douglas Irving, and Dr. C. Lewis Reynolds, Jr., and Mr. Christopher Story (B.S. MSE '81).
Congratulations to the following inductees of the inaugural MSE Alumni Hall of Fame, who were honored at a special induction ceremony in October 2015!
Mr. Reuben B. Arthur, Jr., B.S. Ceramic '59, Greensboro, NC
Dr. Calvin H. Carter, Jr., B.S. MSE '77, M.S. MSE '80 and Ph.D. MSE '83, Durham, NC
Mr. Thomas G. Cunningham, B.S. MSE '71 and M.S. MSE '74, Wilmington, NC
Dr. Robert F. Davis, B.S. Ceramic '64, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. John A. Edmond, Ph.D. MSE '87, Durham, NC
Dr. Anna C. Fraker, M.S. Ceramic '61 and Ph.D. Ceramic '67, Gaithersburg, MD
Mr. John L. Freeman, B.S. Ceramic '57, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Robert C. Glass, Ph.D. MSE '91, Chapel Hill, NC
Mr. Jacob T. Hooks, B.S. MSE '78, Wilmington, NC
Brigadier General Leodis T. Jennings, B.S. MSE '83, Stafford, VA
Dr. Nasser H. Karam, Ph.D. MSE '85, La Canada, CA
Dr. Charles R. Manning, Jr., Ph.D. Ceramic '67, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Hayne Palmour, III, Ph.D. Mineral Industries '61, Raleigh, NC
Dr. John W. Palmour, B.S. MSE '82 and Ph.D. MSE '88, Cary, NC
Mr. Gerald M. White, B.S. Metallurgy '60, Charlotte, NC
Mr. Laurens G.Y. Willard, B.S. MSE '73, Charlotte, NC
Other Recent News
- Narayan to serve on NAI Fellows Advisory Committee 10.9.2017
- Nurturing the nanotech maker in us all 9.19.2017
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017
- High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 7.24.2017
- IRES Students Gain Research experience in Denmark 7.21.2017
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017
- Eman Alhajji accepted into NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program 5.2.2017
- MSE Undergrad and Grad Named Recipients of NSF’s Graduate Research Fellowship 4.28.2017
- Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni 4.27.2017