MSE Honors 2016 Hall of Fame Inductees
December 9th, 2016
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering, at their 2016 MSE Alumni Hall of Fame Event, honored the accomplishments of five of our outstanding graduates. Each year, the department celebrates extraordinary alumni who have excelled in a profession, career and/or service and hope that in doing so they will inspire current as well as future students to excel in their chosen field. With more than 1,800 MSE alumni, being selected as one of this year's five inductees was a special distinction.
A special thank you to the MSE Alumni Hall of Fame Committee, whose diligent efforts in the review and selection process are greatly appreciated. Their commitment to alumni engagement is a cornerstone of our success. We recognize and extend our deepest gratitude to the following members for their dedication and invaluable service: Mr. Thomas G. Cunningham, Committee Chair & 2015 Alumni Hall of Fame Inductee (BS MSE '71 & MS MSE '74), Dr. Cheryl Cass, MSE Department, Dr. Ramon Collazo, MSE Department, Dr. Barry Farmer, MSE External Advisory Board Chair, Mr. Jacob T. Hooks, Engineering Foundation Board & 2015 Alumni Hall of Fame Inductee (BS MSE '78).
Congratulations to the 2016 inductees of the MSE Alumni Hall of Fame, who were honored in November 2016 at a special ceremony.
Dr. Paul R. Besser, B.S. MSE '88, Sunnyvale, CA
Mr. John J. DuPlessis, Sr., B.S. Metallurgical Engineering and Nuclear Engineering '58 and M.S. Metallurgical Engineering '61, Elizabethtown, KY
Dr. Jea-gun Park, Ph.D. MSE '94, Seoul, Korea
Dr. Zlatko Sitar, Ph.D. MSE '90, Apex, NC
Dr. Haiyan Wang, Ph.D. MSE '02, West Lafayette, IN
*For complete biographical information on these outstanding inductees, please visit:
Left to Right: Prof. Justin Schwartz, Dr. Paul R. Besser, Dr. Zlatko Sitar, Mr. John Duplessis, Dean Louis Martin-Vega
Other Recent News
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017
- High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 7.24.2017
- IRES Students Gain Research experience in Denmark 7.21.2017
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017
- Eman Alhajji accepted into NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program 5.2.2017
- MSE Undergrad and Grad Named Recipients of NSF’s Graduate Research Fellowship 4.28.2017
- Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni 4.27.2017
- Thin Layers of Water Hold Promise for the Energy Storage of the Future 4.27.2017
- From Atoms to Batteries to the Workforce of the Future: Why Research Matters 4.25.2017