Lauren Bain Honored with 'Best Paper' at International Symposium
July 29th, 2013
Lauren Bain, a graduate student working for Professor Albena Ivanisevic, was awarded "Best Paper" at the Student level during the 14th International Symposium on MEMS and Nanotechnology at the 2013 meeting of the Society for Experimental Mechanics in Lombard, IL. This award is presented by the MEMS/Nanotechnology technical division of the SEM. As part this honor, Lauren has been invited to organize and chair a session at next year's conference in Greenville, SC.
Lauren's Paper "Biomolecular Gradients via Semiconductor Gradients: Characterization of Amino Acid Adsorption to InxGa1-xN Surfaces," presents preliminary results of amino acid adsorption to an indium gallium nitride gradient surface. More can be found in the paper's news release.
Other Recent News
- Atomic Structure of Ultrasound Material Not What Anyone Expected 2.20.2018
- Researchers Find Simpler Way to Deposit Magnetic Iron Oxide onto Gold Nanorods 12.12.2017
- Researchers Inadvertently Boost Surface Area of Nickel Nanoparticles for Catalysis 11.28.2017
- Narayan to serve on NAI Fellows Advisory Committee 10.9.2017
- Nurturing the nanotech maker in us all 9.19.2017
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017
- High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 7.24.2017
- IRES Students Gain Research experience in Denmark 7.21.2017
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017