Professor Dickey Honored with Early Career Achievement Award
May 24th, 2013
On Thursday, May 16th, Northwestern University's Department of Materials Science honored NCSU's Professor Elizabeth Dickey with the Early Career Achievement Award for Alumni of Materials Science and Engineering. Professor Dickey received her Ph.D. from Northwestern in Materials Science and Engineering in 1997.
Before she joined the NCSU faculty in 2011, Dr. Dickey served as a professor of materials science and engineering as well as the associate director of Penn State's Materials Research Institute. Today, she honors the Materials Science & Engineering department at NCSU as a professor, the department's Director of Graduate Programs, and as an associate director of the Analytical Instrumentation Facility on Centennial Campus. Among Professor Dickey's research interests are statics and dynamics of pointdefects, functional oxides, grain boundaries, ceramic composites, and electron microscopy.
Other Recent News
- Narayan to serve on NAI Fellows Advisory Committee 10.9.2017
- Nurturing the nanotech maker in us all 9.19.2017
- MSE Wins Multiple Awards and Provides Leadership at Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017 8.14.2017
- High-Temperature Superconductivity in B-doped Q-Carbon 7.24.2017
- IRES Students Gain Research experience in Denmark 7.21.2017
- MSE Graduate Student Wins MRS Poster Award 5.23.2017
- ‘Persistent Photoconductivity’ Offers New Tool for Bioelectronics 5.3.2017
- Eman Alhajji accepted into NAE Grand Challenge Scholars Program 5.2.2017
- MSE Undergrad and Grad Named Recipients of NSF’s Graduate Research Fellowship 4.28.2017
- Silicon Valley Favors NC State Alumni 4.27.2017