Applying to the Graduate Program
Students applying for admission should apply using NCSU’s Graduate School Online Application. Recommendations can also be submitted using this system.
UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS STANDARDS
Students applying for admission to a graduate program at NCSU should have:
- A 3.0 overall undergraduate grade point average.
- A 3.0 grade point average in the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate work.
- Non-native English speakers must have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (PBT) or 80 (ET).Information on TOEFL score requirements, including NCSU’s institutional code, is available from the NCSU Graduate School Help Page. International students who have completed a BS or MS degree program at a US university are exempt from the TOEFL.
In addition to the general admission requirements as set by the Graduate School, the department requires you to submit:
- GRE scores (Waived for Fall 2021 Applicants) – Information about GRE requirements, including NCSU’s institutional code, is available from the NCSU Graduate School Help Page.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing education and employment background, research activities, papers published, conferences attended, and any other evidence in support of the applicant’s qualifications, research interests and other capabilities
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Fall and Spring Admission (PhD, MS)
- Fall Admission: January 6
- Spring Admission: August 1