Our students graduate with a strong commitment to their new professions. Many also retain close ties to the department in order to forge professional relationships, continue their education, and reconnect to college life. NC State engineering degrees helped our alums find employment, but not just for themselves. They also hire our graduates and provide opportunities that expose our students to the profession.
We have many alumni whose children, and children’s children, come to NC State, knowing that we provide one of the best educations available. We do a good job preparing students for the workplace, and our alums are the proof. Our distinguished engineering alumni recipients are proof positive!
We are grateful to MSE alumni who continue this beneficial cycle of academic and professional success. We try to keep up with their news (e.g., career accomplishments, awards, recognition, marriage, births, retirement) so we can share it in future issues of our newsletter and on the website.
Be A Steward
MSE Hall of Fame
The Materials Science and Engineering Alumni Hall of Fame recognizes the accomplishments of our outstanding graduates who have used their education to excel in a profession, career or service. We also hope this recognition will inspire current and future students. Only a select number will be chosen as MSE Hall of Fame members, making this a truly noteworthy distinction. Hall of Fame inductees are agents and ambassadors who have made groundbreaking contributions in materials science and beyond.
We need your help to identify our most outstanding MSE graduates. Please fill out the official nomination form. Nominees should have demonstrated professional, entrepreneurial, and/or service achievements in their selected careers. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Recognized by technical organizations at a high level (e.g., ASM Fellow)
- A significant number of influential technical publications or patents
- A successful faculty member at a university
- Recognized by a national community organization for their impact
- Participated at a leadership level in a nationally-recognized community service organization (e.g., United Way, Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity)
- Founded a successful business or served at the senior management level in a large corporation